Current COVID-19 Policies as of May1, 2020
1. We will not combine classrooms during the month of May. This means when your child arrives in the morning their teacher has to be here and clocked on. Obviously this is a very expensive way to run a child care center. It is crucial that we know what your schedule is.
2. We will continue temperature checks (health screening) at the front door (outside) until May 15th at which time we will re-evaluate the ability to continue. Staff may or may not be wearing a face mask. I have provided face masks and am letting staff decide. I realize that this can be scary to children and we are not taking this lightly. We are incorporating books that discuss masks and what they are used for. Children will get more and more used to seeing these but we have to keep our staff safe at the same time.
If we discontinue temp checks at the front, we will move it to the lobby but parents will still not go inside the building (into classrooms).
3. Sick policy: If your child has any fever over 100.4, cough OR sore throat they will be immediately isolated and sent home (have someone that can be at the center within 20-30 minutes or less) If children have just one of these symptoms they may return when they have been symptom free without the use of fever reducing medications after 72 full hours. If your child has 2 or more of these symptoms they must remain out a MINIMUM of 7 days from the onset of symptoms, AND be symptom free for 72 hours without any use of cough medications or fever reducing medications. They may return after 72 hours IF we have a negative Covid test.
4. These are the questions that we want you to read over and ask yourself on a daily basis. If the answer is "YES" to any of these questions please call me for an individualized health plan for you and your child:
Do you or your child have A fever of 100.4*F or higher, or a sense of having a fever?
A cough that you cannot connect to another health problem?
Shortness of breath that you cannot connect to another health problem?
A sore throat that you cannot connect to another health problem?
Muscle aches that you cannot connect to another health problem or to another activity such as physical exercise?
Does anyone in your household have any of the above signs right now?
Has your child been close with anyone suspected or confirmed with COVID-19?
Has your child had any medication to reduce a fever before coming to care?
5. We are also doing a lot behind the scenes to keep everyone safe and healthy. We have added extra cleaning shifts for mid-day and end-of-day sanitizing, including the outdoor play equipment, and we have a professional cleaner coming to the school twice a week. The Illness policies we have in place for the children is in place for the staff as well and we are performing daily health checks. We are practicing social distancing as a staff, and teaching the kids about social distancing.
Thank you, and please reach out to us if you have any concerns!