Current COVID-19 Policies as of July 1, 2020
1. We are continuing to maintain stable groups and not combine classrooms. We are extending our hours back to 6:15 AM to 6:15 PM as of June 1st, but staffing will be limited in the early mornings and late evenings. Please continue to be consistent with your pick up and drop off times, and contact us if you need to make a change.
2. We will continue temperature checks (health screening) at the front door (outside). We will no longer be logging the temperature of every child, but we will be logging children with a borderline temperature (over 99 but below 100.4) and rechecking their temperature every half hour. We will do secondary temperature screenings in the classroom mid-morning, and as needed throughout the day.
Parents are still not entering the building unless it is absolutely necessary and the appropriate precautions have been taken. Please wait outside for your child to be collected in the morning, or brought to you in the afternoon. If for some reason a Tree Hill staff person does not greet you in a timely manner, please call the front desk as we may not have seen you or we are otherwise occupied inside.
We are now keeping blankets at Tree Hill whenever possible and washing them on site weekly at minimum. Please provide a blanket for your child that is ok to keep at Tree Hill and put their name on it if you can.
Staff are expected to wear masks at all times, and practice social distancing the best that they can.
Staff will continue to log their temperatures when they enter the building. Any staff with a temperature over 100.4 or other symptoms will be excluded using the same guidelines as we are using for the children.
If we discontinue temp checks at the front, we will move it to the lobby but parents will still not go inside the building (into classrooms).
3. Sick policy: If your child has any fever over 100.4, cough OR sore throat they will be immediately isolated and sent home (have someone that can be at the center within 20-30 minutes or less) If children have just one of these symptoms they may return when they have been symptom-free without the use of fever-reducing medications after 72 full hours. If your child has 2 or more of these symptoms they must remain out a MINIMUM of 7 days from the onset of symptoms, AND be symptom-free for 72 hours without any use of cough medications or fever-reducing medications. They may return after 72 hours IF we have a negative COVID test.
4. These are the questions that we want you to read over and ask yourself on a daily basis. If the answer is "YES" to any of these questions please call me for an individualized health plan for you and your child:
Do you or your child have A fever of 100.4*F or higher, or a sense of having a fever?
A cough that you cannot connect to another health problem?
Shortness of breath that you cannot connect to another health problem?
A sore throat that you cannot connect to another health problem?
Muscle aches that you cannot connect to another health problem or to another activity such as physical exercise?
Does anyone in your household have any of the above signs right now?
Has your child been close with anyone suspected or confirmed with COVID-19?
Has your child had any medication to reduce a fever before coming to care?
5. We are also doing a lot behind the scenes to keep everyone safe and healthy. We have added extra cleaning shifts for mid-day and end-of-day sanitizing, including the outdoor play equipment, and we have a professional cleaner coming to the school twice a week. The Illness policies we have in place for the children are in place for the staff as well and we are performing daily health checks. We are practicing social distancing as a staff, and teaching the kids about social distancing.
Thank you, and please reach out to us if you have any concerns!