Current COVID-19 Policies as of November 5, 2020
1. We are continuing to maintain stable groups and not combine classrooms. We are extending our hours back to 6:15 AM to 6:15 PM as of June 1st, but staffing will be limited in the early mornings and late evenings. Please continue to be consistent with your pick up and drop off times, and contact us if you need to make a change.
2. We will continue temperature checks (health screening) in the lobby. If a child has a borderline temperature (over 99 but below 100.4) we will recheck their temperature every half hour. You must be prepared to pick up your child if their temperature exceeds 100.4, or they develop any secondary symptoms. We do secondary temperature screenings in the classroom in the mornings, and as needed throughout the day. Please see item 3 for more details on illness exclusion.
As of November 4th, due to the cold weather and a variety of other factors, we are allowing families to come into the lobby to check their child in and out. We are limiting 2 families at a time, and preferably only parent/guardian per family at a time. All adults must wear an appropriate face mask in the building.
Please take your child's blanket and other frequently used personal items home to wash at least once per week. Some classrooms have made the choice to wash those items on site, please confirm with your child's teacher what their preference is.
Staff are expected to wear masks at all times, and practice social distancing the best that they can.
Staff will continue to log their temperatures when they enter the building. Any staff with a temperature over 100.4 or other symptoms will be excluded using the same guidelines as we are using for the children.
3. Sick policy: If your child has any fever over 100.4, cough OR sore throat they will be immediately isolated and sent home (have someone that can be at the center within 20-30 minutes or less) If children have just one of these symptoms they may return when they have been symptom-free without the use of fever-reducing medications after 72 full hours. If your child has 2 or more of these symptoms they must remain out a MINIMUM of 7 days from the onset of symptoms, AND be symptom-free for 72 hours without any use of cough medications or fever-reducing medications. They may return after 72 hours IF we have a negative COVID test.
4. These are the questions that we want you to read over and ask yourself on a daily basis. If the answer is "YES" to any of these questions please call me for an individualized health plan for you and your child:
Do you or your child have A fever of 100.4*F or higher, or a sense of having a fever?
A cough that you cannot connect to another health problem?
Shortness of breath that you cannot connect to another health problem?
A sore throat that you cannot connect to another health problem?
Muscle aches that you cannot connect to another health problem or to another activity such as physical exercise?
Does anyone in your household have any of the above signs right now?
Has your child been close with anyone suspected or confirmed with COVID-19?
Has your child had any medication to reduce a fever before coming to care?
5. We are also doing a lot behind the scenes to keep everyone safe and healthy. We have added extra cleaning shifts for mid-day and end-of-day sanitizing, including the outdoor play equipment, and we have a professional cleaner coming to the school twice a week. The Illness policies we have in place for the children are in place for the staff as well and we are performing daily health checks. We are practicing social distancing as a staff, and teaching the kids about social distancing.
Thank you, and please reach out to us if you have any concerns!